Like you, I was looking for a helpful resource on how to get marriage license Philippines tips in all possible platforms. But I couldn’t find one that actually helped. Haha.
Due diligence, I called up a few friends, and a few government offices to help shed light on how I can get one for us around five months before our wedding. In the spirit of paying forward, I came up with this list to help the future bride to be’s and groom to be’s! Here’s a step-by-step guide on “how to get marriage license Philippines” that is easy to follow.
If you still have a few questions after going through this guide, just comment below and I’ll get back to you the soonest! ?
How to Get Marriage License Philippines Tips
Before we begin, take note of these two things first:
- You can apply for a marriage license in any of the following locations:
- Where either of you reside.
- Example: If you live in Quezon City while your fiancé/fiancée lives in Makati City, both of you can apply at either Quezon City or Makati City.
- You or your fiancé/fiancée’s hometown.
- There are also cases where you currently reside in the Metro but want to get married in your hometown. You can also apply for a marriage license there. Just remember that you have to personally appear upon application of the marriage license.
- Where either of you reside.
- You can use your marriage license anywhere in the Philippines.
- Example: You applied for and received your marriage license in Quezon City, you can use that if you’re getting married in Tagaytay, Cebu, Bohol, etc.
For the purpose of this guide, we will specify two kinds of requirements: Main (what is required in all cities and municipalities) and Secondary (what is required by some cities and municipalities). As you might by now, not all cities and municipalities require the same documents. Hindi ko din talaga sigurado bakit. Haha
- Completely accomplished Marriage License application form, four (4) copies
- Birth Certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA – formerly NSO)
- Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) – Again, from PSA
- Certificate or Proof that you have completed marriage counselling / seminar.
- Note that some cities will require you to attend their marriage / family planning seminar even if you have attended one prior. It is best to check with your city/municipality for this one.
- Valid IDs (preferably Government IDs like Passport, UMID, Voter’s, etc)
- Personal appearance.
So as previously discussed, some cities would require additional documents. Make sure to verify which additional documents you need to submit.
- Baptismal Certificate
- Residence Certificate / Tax Certificate / CEDULA
- Make sure to bring sandamakmak na photocopies of your documents just in case the offices ask you for a copy.
I have the requirements, what now?
Great job in getting those documents!
- You can now file your application to your chosen city / municipality.
- Bring pens, preferably black.
- Marriage license Philippines cost: Pay the necessary fees. Some cities charge PhP 280 as processing fee, others PhP 352. Again, verify this with the Treasurer’s office if your chosen city.
- Get the receipt and wait for 10 days. Your marriage license should be ready by then. Remember, the marriage license Philippines validity is only for 120 days from date of issue. Use wisely.